Sunday, March 8, 2009

Churmuri/Churmuri Chat
























Churmuri /Churmuri Chat


Whether its Mandakki or Churmuri, dont we all love it..Churmuri is a light snack made with kadlepuri or Murmure..Cart vendors in karnataka sell this with roasted peanuts and other savouries mixed which is absolutely delicious..
To make you need
2 cups Kadlepuri/murmure/borugulu/marmaralu
1/2 cup fresh grated carrot
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1tsp lime juice
To season:
1tbsp oil, a pinch of hing, a sprig of curry leaves, 1/2tsp red chilly flakes or chopped green chillies
2 tsp menthyada hittu (optional)/ dalia powder

To make:
In a kadai, prepare the seasoning by heating oil and adding al the ingredients in the seasoning. Now add the grated carrot,roasted peanuts and mix well. Add lime juice and switch off the stove and let it cool. Mix the chopped onion.
To make churmuri: Mix kadlepuri with this masala and serve immediately.
To make churmuri chat: Take 3-4 small puris (Masala puri), add a tsp of the carrot mixture and serve..

21 comments:

FH said...

You know! If I can eat Kadalepuri whole day instead of going on Liquid detox, I think I will fiiine! HeHe!!

Looks mouthwatering. Happy Women's day to you.

Varsha Vipins said...

Looks good..love Chat's..:)

Cham said...

I make masala churmuri! Love ur chaat

Trupti said...

one of my fav chaat.. chat looks very delicious Paru

Happy Women's Day !!

Deepa Hari said...

Lovely chat Paru...looks great.

notyet100 said...

new for me ,..looks so yum,.:-)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow spicy and yum....

Kannada Cuisine said...

The very sound of churmuri reminds me of so many things, the road side carts, news paper cornucopia, college and fun... Love it with all my heart. The good news is I am going home this week end and I will get to eat loads of these foods!

Ashwini said...

You reminded me of my college days..After college we used to eat this on road side, where you get this in paper...love the taste...

A_and_N said...

I've never had grated carrots in my chaat before until N told me that it is a common occurrence in Karnataka. Nice recipe :)

Chutneytales said...

Yummy churmuri chat!

Usha said...

Looks yum and delicious !

Indian Khana said...

U know I prepare the same way (except the curry leaves)...taste just yum rite....lovely pics

Gayathri said...

The name is very unique, will try this..

Vibaas said...

have something for you http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2009/03/potato-sandwich-and-awards.html

Sujatha said...

I love this chat! your recipe sounds simple.. will try soon..

Sanghi said...

Wonderful dishes.. First time here and you have a great place! do visit mine:)

Deeba PAB said...

I love churmuri chaat...yum!!

Anu said...

Lovely chat!! Looks very very inviting.

Divya said...

Ohh I love churmuri n make it atleast once a week as evening snack. But I add a little bit of jeera powder and chat masala. Tastes yum!

Ash said...

Thumba chennagitthu ri, ega thaane maadi thindvi churmuri na, dhanyavada